Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hypocrisy of the Artiste

I just found this news article about Coldplay. Its the kind of shit that really annoys the hell out of me. Shareholders are the new Slave Masters - Bullshit.

Are record companies evil? Of course they are. Satan's already demanded those freak-corps go and take an ethics class three times already. Don't get me wrong. I hate those bastards. They ripped me off for ages on CD's, but broadband has made all that better.

Back to Coldplay. The freaking article said they spent 8 extra months "in studio" trying to get that special "spark". Again, I understand that crap and what they were going for. Fans should probably be thankful. But who PAID for all that studio time? Who PAID for the CD production? The evil record company. They deserve to get some of that cash back and make a little on the investment.

If Coldplay doesn't like the record company, break contract. Self produce all their CD's sell'em for cost and hook up with a promotion company to set up their tours. Of course that involves Coldplay spending their own money. Don't see that happening.

So the real point - when you want to bitch about the man make sure you aren't too busy sucking all the milk you can out of his teet. Bad form man.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil M. said...

Sounds like a plan to me.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home