Saturday, November 19, 2005

Filling time...

Well, there are things I need to be doing and things I want to be doing but I am too lazy to do the crap that needs doing and still drawing blank on the things that I want to be doing. So I am going with option The Other.

It is Saturday and I am doing the most studly and macho of things. Baking cookies. Kinda-Puffy Choco-Chip's to be precise.

And I am baking them for my mom to brighten her day a bit.
Fear me world. For I am MACHO TOUGH HOMBRE NUMERO UNO.

Need a real grocery cause the one I normally go to has added crap non-food product but didn't have cake flour. Bread? sure. All-Purpose and Self-Rising? natch. Fargin' bastadges, should just shiv'em all; not having the flour I wanted. They were just asking for a rumble.

Now I must forge into the dark chamber that houses the metal bohemoth. Face his scorching breath that belches out air that's almost 400 degrees, and steal away my small round treasures from his gaping maw.

For I am a man and facing unnamed horrors is what we do.

4 Comments:

Blogger hijacked frequencies said...

i'm very into the organic thing so i baked some of those organic cookies in a box a couple weeks ago.

day old vomit would have tasted better.

so i tried a box of the organic brownies.

no taste at all.

thy stuck so hard to the pan i made them in that i had to throw the pan away and they were crumbly as hell.

the organic cookies in a bag are really good, but i GIVE UP on trying to make anything like that myself.

that company owes me a cookie pan.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Phil M. said...

Ouch... But tis better to bake and taste cardboard than to fear applied chemistry.

You must admit though that the concept of prepackaged ready to heat organic foods does sound just a bit humorous and a wee bit ironic. I understand it and how it is possible and popular to some, but it does sound a wee bit funny.

Have you tried to track down and buy the various organic version of its components and baking cookies and brownies the mix and fix yourself way? That could turn out very very good I would imagine. Chocolate would probably be the hardest aspect. After all sugar and salt should be easy to find and organic flour is even available at the major chains.

You might have to settle for the bottled vanilla extract though unless you want to eat some very pricy sugar.

Me I love to bake brownies and cookies and cakes mixing them all up myself. i have this own brownie recipe I got from Food Network that I make every year for the family Christmas get together that is amazing. And its all made from scratch, no preboxed betty crocker mix for this joy.

9:31 PM  
Blogger hijacked frequencies said...

i know i know how organic can it be in a box....but i need that dream

i'm no good at cooking, less good at baking

i cant even scratch my ass and have it come out right much less cook from scratch.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Phil M. said...

I love cooking. Not great at it, but I keep plugging away at recipes and giving it a go.

I recommend following the teachings of the grand sage and all around Poo-Ba Alton Brown. You cod do a lot worse.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home