Thursday, November 24, 2005

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

What am I thankful for?

My mother still lives and her cancer was removed.
My beautiful newborn niece is a healthy little doll.
My brother is also a good friend.
My dad's expertise in car repairs.
My friends, who are good people. Hell, their the Good Guys, warts and all.
That I have wonderful memories of the grandparents who have passed away.
That I have a good paying job with coworkers who like me---
(even if I whine and bitch about it in my private life)
That I have to worry about being too big instead of where my next meal is coming from.
That one of my friends came out of their dark place and felt the warmth of the day.

Take a moment today and remember that even the family that drive you crazy are still family, and if they are true to the spirit of the word, they will be there when you need it. And they don't have to share dna to be family. Blood spent in defense or aid of another can form as strong and true a binding as anything ever born of lineage and name.

Be well. Be true. I give you my blessings and heartfelt wishes that your life becomes all you hope for. All I ask is you take a moment and pass it on to others.

4 Comments:

Blogger hijacked frequencies said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. What a beautiful post!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Phil M. said...

Thank you madame. I do hope your day is all that it could be.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Ray Nolan said...

:)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Grampa said...

I found myself bitching about my job the other day and then it hit me. Suck it up, buttercup, and be thankful you have a job to complain about.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home