Monday, June 20, 2005

My Life Fell into Sitcom Mode...

Fucked up nights.

Started off easy enough Get home and get a call from a friend about a small bit of reverie at another friend's place across the river. I get some directions. Directions are good.

Getting ready to leave. Call from my little sister. She gets spooked pretty easy. Her hormones are running wild right now (bun in the oven as it were). She needed help with "stuff". Her pilot light had gone out on the oven apparently, and she just wanted to babble a little bit. Its all cool.

Went to call on my way to sister's house that I would be late. Note to self - plug in the damn cell occasionally. It was dead.

Leaving sister's home. Realize directions are in apartment. Go home to get them. Officer of the Law pulls me over because I have 1 headlight out. Warns and says I better get it fixed. Lived nearby. No ticket (1 bit o' light).

So, still going home to get directions. Open door to my apartment as someone is leaving the building. Younger guy, a little like a hood, I didn't recognize him, glance at himm for a moment. The Cat makes "his move". Which places him out my door, out the closing door to my building -- tail got clipped I think -- and into The Land of Cat Myth (aka the yard).

Cat sees something. Dashes for it. Panics when he realizes he is in the open in the grass. Runs to hide in shadows. Twenty minutes I am playing find the cat. No front claws and no real memory of ever being outside. I can't leave the little bastard out there. I find him. He tries climbing up on me to perch up high where he's safe. My shoulder.

Get back inside, he is the clingiest animal to ever not have velcro.

Finally get to call friends. Inform them I give up, night is gone for me.

Now, I sit and wait to see if the ninjas attack.

Not much else left I think.

In closing I am reminded of that classic line I so loved in high school --- Somebody stop the world, I wanna get off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ray Nolan said...

Everything ended up okay.

Sorry it was a stressful night.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Phil M. said...

Just crazy. Life is what it is.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my opinion you commit an error. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home