Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Selective Freedoms

So, they can take my parents house to build a strip mall if the city decides it wants to, and we can't do dick to stop it --- ruling courtesy the supreme court.

You can't have the 10 commandments framed anywhere inside a courthouse because, well that's promoting one faith over another. You can have a large monument of it outside the courthouse or carved into the government building on the outside; that's cool.

Reporters can't promise to shield criminals or those with direct evidence of crime and that's wrong? Cause of the danger of infringing the freedom of the press? What happened to due process of law and the right to face your accuser?

If I hole somebody up in my place that's a fugitive and the cops find out, I can go to jail. Why couldn't I promise to shield any info of him? I'm a free citizen too. Just don't have a fancy press pass. I know I am oversimplifying bullshit here, but the supreme court has been consistent on this, right or wrong, for somewhere around thirty years on this whole press previlidge hoohaa.

Roe v. Wade they defend, no framed god words they defend, hell like'em or not agree with'em or not I got to defend it to because until Congresss passes specific law or THE Court changes its mind its just how it is. I can't cherrypick my laws. These much vaunted reporters of freedom and truth should belly up and obey the rules.

They can't be bullied into silence under the First Amendment, but they have to do as the Constitution says because that is what gives them their freedom, and THE Court claims the Constitution says they have to fess up names sometimes when needed in criminal cases.

Play by the fucking rules people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home